Gravenhurst Fire Department is warning the public, be careful this fall and keep fire safety in mind.
As the colder months come on there are a few tips the fire department is sharing to make sure you stay fire safe.
Have all appliances inspected, clean chimneys and intake and exhaust vents, always allow ashes to cool before clearing them and never leave a vehicle running inside a garage.
As well fire officials are reminding everyone to make sure you have working smoke and carbon monoxide detectors, and check your batteries.