YWCA accepting applications for their High School Award
Local high school girls graduating this year can apply for a YWCA Muskoka grant. The $500 YWCA Muskoka High School Award is for young women who have participated in a YWCA Girlz Unplugged or Girlz Choice program. YWCA Muskoka will be handing out the award to one student from each of the four Muskoka high schools. The deadline is May 26th at 4:30pm.
Click here for the application and full details.
To be eligible, an applicant must be:
• A current resident of Muskoka
• Must be a current or past participant in a YWCA Muskoka girls program (Girlz Unplugged, Girlspace or Girlz Choice)
• Completing her final year in secondary school. The student must be currently enrolled at Gravenhurst High School; Bracebridge and Muskoka Lakes Secondary School; Huntsville High School; St. Dominic Catholic Secondary School; or a Muskoka-based Adult Learning Centre.
• Selection of the recipients will be done by the YWCA Muskoka Awards Selection Committee. As all decisions of the committee are final, the committee will not respond to requests for information from applications that were not granted the award.
• Award recipients will be notified in writing. The award will be presented by a YWCA representative at the school’s graduation ceremony in June.