Carbon monoxide blamed in Bracebridge woman's death
Carbon Monoxide is being blamed for the death of a Bracebridge woman in McMurrich/Montieth Township. Almaguin Highlands OPP were called to a Star Lake Road residence after a 55-year-old woman was found dead inside. Police say the woman arrived at her seasonal residence on Sunday December 29th when it is believed she succumbed to carbon monoxide poisoning from a generator that was found inside the house. The Perry Township Fire Department confirmed a high carbon monoxide reading inside the house and say the residence had a carbon monoxide detector, but it was not functioning at the time. This is the third carbon monoxide death investigation in the Parry Sound District in 2013 and the second death in the Almaguin Highlands area.