Heavy smoke in downtown residence
Photo provided by Facebook.
GRAVENHURST, ON-The Gravenhurst Fire Department responded to heavy smoke in a downtown residence.
The Station One department received a call at about 11:45 a.m. this morning at 310 Muskoka Rd. S. on the second floor.
In an interview with the MyMuskokaNow.com newsroom, Fire Prevention Officer Breyan Sinnott said that fire fighters were only on site for about an hour and no one was injured.
The cause of the smoke was an unattended stove which set off the fire alarms.
Sinnott wanted to remind people that if you hear a fire alarm in your building, evacuate immediately and to not try to stay and fight the fire.
Sinnott said that this a good reminder for people to watch what they are cooking and to never leave their food unattended.