Five days later, thousands of homes are still without power in Muskoka
Thousands of Muskoka homes are still in the dark five days after a windstorm tore through the district.
Hydro One reports an estimated 3,300 homes still don’t have power as crews work to fix the numerous issues with downed wires and broken hydro poles. The majority of these outages are in or around the Bracebridge area. Estimated restoration time is set for 6pm tonight.
Here is a look at some of the larger outages in the area:
- Utterson, about 400 homes affected
- Fraserburg/Monsell area, about 400 homes affected
- Rossclair/Whiteside area, about 500 homes affected
- Gregory/Woodington area, about 600 homes affected
- Rosseau/Gull Rock area, about 100 homes affected
- Severn area, about 100 homes affected