Christmas is coming to Bracebridge early.
The Hallmark Movie Channel will be filming in the downtown starting this weekend. It’s for a movie called “Christmas in Grand Valley”.
The filming will take place over three days; Saturday the 13th, Tuesday the 16th, and Wednesday the 17th. The town says on these days there will be intermittent traffic stoppages downtown, restricted parking some sections, as well as the complete closure of the Hiram Street Parking Lot for most of the week.
Businesses will be open as usual.
Here is a list of all the traffic disruptions related to the filming:
Intermittent Traffic Stoppages:
- Manitoba Street from Taylor Road to Ontario Street will experience intermittent traffic stoppages of up to three minute intervals while filming is taking place. These temporary traffic stoppages will be directed by paid duty OPP officers.
Parking Lot Closure:
- The Hiram Street Parking lot will be closed from October 12 to October 18th.
- Rene Caisse Lane will be closed on October 13, 16 and 17.
Restricted Parking Options:
- There will be restricted parking on sections of Manitoba Street between Taylor Road and Ontario Street.
- There will be restricted parking in the RBC Parking Lot and the Public Library Parking Lot at certain times.
Drivers are being asked to take these closures into consideration if you’re planning on being downtown starting on Saturday.