Canada Day in Huntsville
Huntsville is celebrating Canada Day and it all starts at River Mill Park. The Lions Club will start things off with a Peameal on a Bun Breakfast at 9am. There will be a Canada Day cake and singing of our national anthem. There are a slew of other activities, including the Brunel Locks celebration, Muskoka Heritage Place Strawberry Social, Port Sydney celebration and more. Our mayor Claude Doughty, MP Tony Clement and MPP Norm Miller will take part in the celebrations along with other local dignitaries. The day will then end off with a fireworks display at Avery Beach at 10pm.
Full List of Activities:
- Lions Club Peameal on a Bun Breakfast: RiverMillPark – 9:00 am
- O Canada & Canada Day Cake: RiverMillPark – 10:00 am
- Royal Canadian Legion Branch 232: Opening Ceremonies at 11:00 am
- Trillium Jazz Band: Town Hall steps – 11:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Coldwell Banker Thompson Real Estate: 6,000 Canadian Flags placed throughout Huntsville and Port Sydney -19th Annual
- Brunel Locks Celebration: 11:00 am – 3:00 pm
- Muskoka Heritage Place Strawberry Social & Steam Up Day: 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Robinson’s Independent Grocer: 11:00 am – 1:00 pm: Kids make your own Canada Day birthday cake to take home
- Port Sydney Celebration: Mary Lake Beach – 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Cultural Station Launch Party & Heritage
- (CN) Huntsville Train Station Open House: 26 Station Road – 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Make it Green & Blue: Canada Day with a light footprint! The Huntsville Youth Green Team will supply recycling services plus details on sustainable waste management!
Launch location over Hunters Bay behind the Fire Hall at dusk (10:00pm). Great locations to view fireworks: Avery Beach, Huntsville Public School and the Huntsville Fire Department involved. Tune in to THE MOOSE FM 105.5 and enjoy the fireworks set to music!