Carbon Monoxide detector saves a Huntsville life
The Huntsville Fire Department is crediting a working carbon monoxide with saving someone’s life. They were called out to an alarm this week, which went off because of a wood stove. Hot coals and ashes were still inside from the night before, and a down-draft in the chimney pushed the gases back into the home.
Deputy Fire Chief Gary Monahan says he truly believes a working alarm saved the resident’s life, and without it, the circumstances could have been deadly.
The Fire Department says any home with a fuel-burning appliance or attached garage must have a CO detector outside of all bedrooms.