Trapped ash and bits of wood believed to cause house fire in Muskoka Lakes
Photo Credit: Submitted by Muskoka Lakes Fire Department
Two people were treated for smoke inhalation following a fire in Muskoka Lakes.
On Friday night, firefighters were called to the house fire on Apian Way in Glen Orchard.
Emergency crews used a special hand grenade extinguisher to put out the fire in the lower bedroom area.
According to officials, a fireplace in the home had collected ash and small bits of wood in a void under the ash trap.
Fire officials believe this is where the fire had started.
The damage is estimated to sit around $125,000.
Twenty-five firefighters from three stations all showed up to help put out the fire.