Members of the OPP in Bracebridge and Huntsville have been recognized for their work with the Maasland Homicide Investigation Team.
On Monday afternoon, eight members between the two areas were given the team award of the annual OPP Accolade Awards.
The awards recognize uniform and civilian members that make noteworth and meaningful contributions to their communities.
Awards were handed out at the Nottawasaga Inn Resort in Alliston.
Here is a list of all the Muskoka recipients:
- Sergeant B.E. (Brian) Crisp, Bracebridge
- Detective Constable L.M. (Luc) Dumont, Huntsville
- Detective Constable E.D. (Don) Hammond, Bracebridge
- Detective Constable J.H. (Jeff) Handsor, Huntsville
- Detective Constable V.J. (Vicki) Hornick
- Ms. Lyndsay Jeanes, Ministry of the Attorney General, Bracebridge
- Retired Detective Constable J.R. (John) MacDonald. Bracebridge
- Detective Constable A.W. (Andrew) Muller, Huntsville
- Former Constable B.J. (Brad) Pearsall
Pearsall passed away in 2014 and has since been recognized for his love of hockey through an annual tournament held in March by the South Muskoka Bears.