District Of Muskoka Clarifies COVID-19 Testing Eligibility Criteria
(photo by Brandon Piper//MyMuskokaNow)
Testing eligibility for COVID-19 is undergoing changes throughout Muskoka.
Following significant changes in provincial guidelines, the District of Muskoka announced Wednesday that testing locations in the district will all follow the new measures according to the Ministry of Health for prioritizing individuals at greater risk of contracting the virus.
If you are showing any symptoms of COVID-19, the Assessment Centre should be your next stop – instead of going to a pharmacy for testing.
Those eligible for COVID-19 testing in Muskoka can refer to any of the following testing locations:
Bracebridge Assessment Centre (Muskoka Algonquin Healthcare)
- Hours: Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- By appointment only (no walk-ins); call 1-888-383-7009 to book a test
Huntsville Assessment Centre (Town of Huntsville, Huntsville Physicians, District of Muskoka)
- Hours: Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- No appointment necessary, first come first served
Shoppers Drug Mart Huntsville Pharmacy (Testing for select eligible individuals who are NOT showing symptoms)
- To see if you meet the criteria for testing at pharmacy locations, head here.
- By appointment only (no walk-ins); call 705-789-4471 Ext 33
- Individuals will be screened by phone and provided an appointment time if eligible