A Huntsville landlord is in hot waters after a fire caught at an apartment building on Muskoka Rd 3 North. At around 3:00 this morning, fire crews responded to a bedroom fire in the basement apartment. Fire crews found all smoke alarms in the building were disconnected and the backup batteries were dead. The blaze was quickly extinguished and one person was transported to Huntsville hospital for smoke inhalation. Charges are now pending. Huntsville/Lake of Bays Fire Chief Steve Hernen says when the fire department finds missing or disconnected smoke alarms charges will be laid.
(Photos Submitted By: Huntsville/Lake of Bays Fire Department)