â–º Listen Live
â–º Listen Live
HomeNewsHigh school donates to family who lost home

High school donates to family who lost home

BRACEBRIDGE, ON-A local Catholic high school has spent the past few weeks gathering clothes to donate to a family who lost their home in a fire.

On November 21st, the grade 9 students of St. Dominic Catholic Secondary School met with the family who lost their possessions in a fire at the end of September.

One of the organizers of the donation and teacher at the school Paige Forsyth said that she and a few other teachers noticed a couple of students praying for this family and decided to organize this clothing and other necessities drive so that they could help the family get back on their feet. “The students worked through their lunches and breaks to help put this all together,” said Forsyth.

A total of 1,073 items were donated from all grades and just over $700.00 was raised from student-run bake sales and dress down days. “This all started with a prayer and now we are here,” said Forsyth.

- Advertisement -

Recipients of the donation Dvin Pars and Amnda Fitchett said that they were grateful for all the students have done and that they were “overwhelmed with how much the students were able to raise.”

The large boxes that the students were able to use to put the donations together were donated by Home Depot and Forsyth said that they could not have done this without their support.

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading