Listen Live
Listen Live
HomeNewsNew option open for high school diploma seekers

New option open for high school diploma seekers

BRACEBRIDGE, ON-A new partnership has resulted in the ability to get your high school diploma online.

The new partnership between the government agency Contact North/Contact Nord, Quinte Adult Education, the District of Muskoka and the South Muskoka Literacy Centre, allowed James Zenhenko to achieve his dream of attaining his high school diploma.

According to an announcement from the organization, Contact North/Contact Nord is community-based with a focus on helping Ontarians in 600 small, rural, remote, Indigenous and Francophone communities get jobs by giving them the chance to finish their education.

“Quinte allowed me to work on my own at home and at my own pace,” said Zenhenko, in the announcement.

- Advertisement -

“It was many years since being in a classroom and was never a good experience.”

Initially, when he started the diploma in 2015, he received his coursework by mail.

Eventually, he grew comfortable with using the computer and completed his coursework online.

“Switching to online was a major game-changer, as it let me access the courses more quickly and let me obtain feedback more quickly,” he said.

According to the announcement, Contact North/Contact Nord responds to 800,000 requests per year and their location in Bracebridge serves all of Muskoka and the northern part of Simcoe.

If you are interested in taking courses with Contact North/Contact Nord, you can contact the learning centre by email at [email protected] or at 1-855-699-6330.

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading