The Huntsville/Lake of Bays Fire Department says frozen pipes are likely to blame for a fire at Muskoka Ready Mix.
More specifically, it was an attempt to thaw those pipes.
Fire Prevention Officer Mike Vadlja says firefighters were called to the Stephenson Road 8 East cement plant in Port Sydney just after 3:00pm this afternoon.
When they arrived the crews from Station 3 found smoke in the roof area of the two storey building. An Aerial and a Pumper were brought in from Huntsville Station 1 to assist.
Everyone inside the building was able to get out safely. Crews were able to find the source of the fire and keep it from spreading.
Vadlja says a blowtorch was being used to thaw a frozen water line on the outside of the building.
Damage is estimated at $30,000.
The fire department does not recommend using a blow torch or other open flame to thaw frozen pipes.
Instead, apply heat to the section of pipe using an electric heating pad wrapped around the pipe, an electric hair dryer, a portable space heater (kept away from flammable materials), or by wrapping pipes with towels soaked in hot water.
If you cannot thaw the pipe you should call a licensed plumber.