Gravenhurst Fire Department is having a busy start to the day.
Crews responded to a tractor-trailer fire on Highway 11 N at Doe Lake Road just after 6:00am this morning.
Then there was a call to a fire on Muskoka Road North.
One man was rescued from his smoke-filled third-floor apartment. It appears the cause was due to unattended cooking.
Crews from Stations 1 and 2 were able to cover both incidents at the same time.
Busy start to the day with a tractor trailer fire on #Hwy11 plus an unattended cooking fire on Muskoka Road North – one man rescued from his smoke filled 3rd floor apartment. Great work by crews from Station 1 and 2 managing these simultaneous incidents.
UNATTENDED COOKING! pic.twitter.com/kT94cCpzaT
— GravenhurstFIRE (@GravenhurstFIRE) January 4, 2019