A fundraiser for a Novar family topped $15,000 over the weekend.
Main St. Local Kitchen in Huntsville opened its doors Saturday for a fundraiser for one of its own staff members Denise Stoneman. All proceeds from the day went to the family.
The home that Denise, her husband George and their nephew and now adopted son Noah Ambeau were living in was leveled by a propane blast on December 8th.
Noah has been at SickKids hospital ever since recovering from extensive burns.
Ryan Clarke, owner of the restaurant was pleased he was able to get so much community engagement.
“The day itself was absolutely fantastic,” says Clarke. “We were super busy, the support from the town was crazy.”
Donations are still coming in and have gone past $15,000 from the one-day event. A Go Fund Me page also shows $13,000 of a $10,000 goal was achieved.
“We didn’t really know what was going to happen,” admits Clarke. “We were hoping to get at least $10,000 for the family. But we didn’t expect this much coming in and this much from the community. I’m born and raised up here. I know how well the community comes together.”
George and Denise have been staying in Toronto with Noah, and there is no word yet on what their long-term housing plans are going to be.