â–º Listen Live
â–º Listen Live
HomeNewsFrench Immersion will come to Gravenhurst if registration numbers are right

French Immersion will come to Gravenhurst if registration numbers are right

Families in Gravenhurst may have access to a French Immersion program next year.

Trillium Lakelands District School Board has opened registration for a program to be offered at Gravenhurst Public School starting next September. The GPS program will offer French studies to students from Kindergarten to Grade 3. The program will only run if enough students are registered. TLDSB officials reported to Moose FM in March they would ideally need between 100 and 150 students.

This new program is the result of discussions between the TLDSB and a local group of parents that have been advocating for a French Immersion program in the community. Until now, parents in Gravenhurst wanting to access the program have had to put their kids on a bus ride to Bracebridge each day. The local group ran a survey that found a significant number of families were interested in a local program.

Registration for Gravenhurst French Immersion will be open until November 30th and you can learn more about the program at an upcoming meeting at GPS on October 30th at 6:30pm.

Previous stories:

TLDSB French immersion survey is raising concerns for a parents group in Gravenhurst

TLDSB is exploring a French Immersion option for students in Gravenhurst

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading