It’s an event to help you properly prepare for an emergency. The Huntsville and Lake of Bays Emergency Control Groups are hosting an Emergency Preparedness Day tomorrow. Fire Chief Steve Hernen says several local agencies will be at the Huntsville Place Mall to help you learn how to prepare for certain types of disasters.
This event has been on for five years and is held in a different town every year. Hernen says residents across Muskoka should come out. He says it’s an important to learn how to plan for an emergency.
Emergency Preparedness Day runs from 10am until 2pm.
Displays and Demonstrations Provided By:
- Ontario Provincial Police
- Muskoka EMS
- Ontario Power Generation
- Insurance Bureau of Canada
- Muskoka Victim Services
- Office of the Fire Marshal and Emergency Management
- Ministry of Natural Resources – Fire Management & Water Monitoring
- Canadian Red Cross
- Salvation Army
- Electrical Safety Authority
- Hydro One
- Huntsville/Lake of Bays Fire Department
- Bracebridge Fire Department
- Rama Fire Department
- District of Muskoka area Municipalities