Listen Live
Listen Live
HomeNewsTrapped ash and bits of wood believed to cause house fire in...

Trapped ash and bits of wood believed to cause house fire in Muskoka Lakes

Two people were treated for smoke inhalation following a fire in Muskoka Lakes.

On Friday night, firefighters were called to the house fire on Apian Way in Glen Orchard.

Emergency crews used a special hand grenade extinguisher to put out the fire in the lower bedroom area.

According to officials, a fireplace in the home had collected ash and small bits of wood in a void under the ash trap.

- Advertisement -

Fire officials believe this is where the fire had started.

The damage is estimated to sit around $125,000.

Twenty-five firefighters from three stations all showed up to help put out the fire.

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading