The Huntsville/Lake of Bays Fire Department says you should make sure you completely put out your cigarettes. Just after 1 p.m. on April 5, the department put out a small fire in the basement of an apartment building on 6 Church Street. The fire damage is minor and no one was hurt. Fire Chief Steve Hernen says a carelessly discarded cigarette was the cause. He says the outcome could have been worse if this happened while people were sleeping.
(Submitted Photo: Huntsville/Lake of Bays Fire Department)