TLDSB connects with parents and students through text
If you want to get updates on what’s happening at your kids’ school, you might want to join a text messaging system. The Trillium Lakelands District School Board has released School Connects, which enables schools to communicate to parents and even students on various topics.
- Schools will be able to send email messages to parents about such things as school events, a school council parent meeting, or the school newsletter;
- A text message may be sent to parents to remind them about parent information evenings;
- Schools can send a message regarding snow days;
- Teachers will have the option to send text messages to students reminding them of upcoming tests, or email regarding assignment due dates;
- Teachers can also send similar messages about tests and assignments to parents;
- School Principals can send voice messages and text messages to parents of students on a field trip notifying them of a delayed return time; and
- The school board can send a message to all parents about an emergency such as a lockdown or a school evacuation.
All you have to do is text the word ‘Join’ to 56360. You will then receive this text message: “Synrevoice Alerts: Please contact your school to add your #. Msg/Data Rates May Apply. Reply HELP for help. Reply STOP to cancel.”