Elite Hockey Camps Help Youth Learn & Grow
The coolest game on earth isn’t just about sports. It’s about teamwork, commitment, and striving for something better. Hockey is more than just a game. It’s an opportunity for youth to learn and gain skills while growing as people. At Northern Performance Hockey Academy, they provide high-performance on-ice training and development to help youths become the best they can be. With male and female position oriented 2019 Summer Hockey Camps, every kid and teen has the opportunity to learn and grow.
Goalie Academy: July & August
An intense program for male and female participants, the on-ice consists of power-skating, station work, and battle/compete drills. Dry-Land training focuses on core strength, agility, hand-eye coordination, and flexibility. With a ratio or 2 goalies per net, every participant receives optimal training time.
Muskoka Female Hockey Academy: Aug 12 – 16
Taking place in Gravenhurst, this high-performance hockey school is the only one of its kind in Muskoka, catering to female players from all over the province. Using proven development methods and techniques, participants will enhance their game with a 5 to 1 student to instructor ratio for maximum attention and results.
Performance Weekday Academy: Aug 19 – 23
Running from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. each day, this program is for aspiring hockey players. Using training methods that are simple, yet creative and complex, yet fun, the instructors teach technical skills that are applicable during game situations. Students are grouped to skill level for best individual development results on and off the ice.
High-Performance Weekend Workout: July/August
Designed for Bantam-and-above-aged male and female players at the “A” to “Junior” levels, this program features on-ice, dry-land, and power skating training from 12:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. each Sunday.
On-ice training features:
- Individual skill development and team concepts
- Goaltending instruction and integration with groups
- Video footage taken and reviewed by instructors for individual participants
Power skating training features:
- Technical development of edge work
- Blade awareness
- Turn, pivots, transitions, body control and balance
- Short/long stride technique
- Execution, power, speed, and puck control in real situations
Dry-land training features:
- Certified trainers
- Developing the core muscle group for strength, agility, balance, and injury prevention
- Discussion of nutrition and proper rest requirements
- Developing strength, flexibility, muscle memory, focus, and body balance
- Help with injury prevention
- Learning relaxation and calmness in stress situations
Sign Your Hockey Players Up
Northern Performance Hockey Academy provides aspiring hockey players the opportunity to enhance their skills and become the best player they can be with high-performance on-ice training and development that combines hard work with fun. With a variety of programs offered, there’s an option for every player to take part and go into next season with more confidence and better ability.
To register your kids visit http://northernperformancehockey.com/
phone: (705) 955-7369
mailing address: Box 293, Gravenhurst, ON P1P 1T7