A Gravenhurst man is facing drug charges after he was pulled over by the Peterborough County OPP.
The OPP says an officer responded to a complaint about a possible impaired driver on Friday around 1:30pm on Highway 115.
The vehicle was located and police arrested the driver. Through the course of the investigation and with the assistance of both the Peterborough Community Street Crime Unit and the Central Region Emergency Response Team the OPP says a quantity of drugs and cash were found and seized.
Benjamin MacNab, 26-years-old, was arrested and charged with:
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking of a Schedule I substance-cocaine
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking of a Schedule I substance-opioid (oxycodone)
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking a Schedule IV substance
- Operation while impaired-alcohol and drugs
- Operation while impaired-blood alcohol concentration (80 plus)
- Possessing counterfeit money-have in custody
The accused is scheduled to appear in the Ontario Court of Justice in Peterborough on June 6th