Gravenhurst firefighters battle kitchen blaze
A Gravenhurst man is lucky to be alive after a fire sparked in his kitchen while he was sleeping. Last week, firefighters were called to a Muskoka Road home. Gravenhurst Fire Chief, Larry Brassard says the man who is in his fifties was sleeping when he woke up to the sound of his smoke alarm. Brassard says the man turned on his stove and fell asleep with the burner on. Fire crews were able to extinguish the blaze. Damage is estimated at less than $500.00.