The Town of Huntsville is accepting nominations for the community torchbearer for next year’s Pan AM torch relay. Program lead Simone Babineau says they are looking for two torchbearers.
You can nominate someone in the Sport Healthy Living, the Community Engagement categories or both. The nominee has to be someone 13 and older by May 2015.
The nomination form can be found on the town’s website or you can pick up a copy at the Chamber of Commerce or Town Hall. However, Babineau says if you’re not chosen in this competition, you still have a chance in nationwide contest.
In either contest you have to explain why you or the person you’re nominating is a perfect candidate to represent Huntsville.
Community Nomination Criteria:
Nominees Must Be:
• A resident of the Town of Huntsville
• Age 13 years or older by May, 2015
• Please note that final torchbearers must be available May 30th – July 10th, 2015 to participate in the Torch Relay
Eligible Torchbearer Nominees should demonstrate one or more of the following in either category:
Sport Healthy Living:
• Excels athletically as an individual or as part of a team (competitive or recreational). Can be an alumni, coach, aspiring athlete etc.
• Individual who has benefited from a sport or activity, through an area such as improved confidence or a healthier lifestyle.
• Individual who has made a significant impact in the community through sport and/or healthier lifestyle.
• Dedicated community volunteer.
• Individual who has made a significant impact and brought about positive change in the community.
• Individual who has enriched the cultural fabric of the community and or an ambassador of Huntsville culture.
Click here for the Nomination Form.