Charges pending for Huntsville landlord after local apartment caught fire
Charges are pending against a Huntsville landlord after an apartment caught on fire early this morning. Huntsville fire crews were called to Muskoka Rd 3 North around 3am after the bedroom in the basement apartment caught fire. The blaze was quickly extinguished and one person was transported to Huntsville hospital for smoke inhalation. Fire Crews found that all smoke alarms in the building were disconnected and the backup batteries were dead. Huntsville Fire Chief Steve Hernen says when the fire department finds missing or disconnected smoke alarms charges will be laid.