Remembrance Day Ceremonies around Muskoka and Area this weekend
You have a chance to take the time to remember Canada’s fallen soldiers this weekend in Muskoka.
Remembrance Day falls on a Sunday this year and there will be plenty of opportunities to visit a local ceremony around the district. The majority of ceremonies will run on Sunday starting just before 11:00am, with some Legions holding special events after the wreath-laying.
Here is a list of all the upcoming ceremonies in and around Muskoka:
- Dwight Ceremony, held at the Dwight Veterans Wall near the Post Office starting at 1:00pm
- Bracebridge Ceremony, held at the Memorial Park monument off of Manitoba Street starting at 10:30am
- Gravenhurst Ceremony, wreath-laying ceremony held at the Gravenhurst Opera House followed by march to Gravenhurst Legion, starts at 10:15am
- Huntsville Ceremony, held at the Huntsville Legion on Veteran’s Way and followed by parade through Huntsville, starts at 10:30am
- Port Carling Ceremony, held at the Legion on Bailey Street with a reception following the event, starts at 10:30am
- MacTier Ceremony, held at Legion on Elizabeth Street starting at 10:30am
- Evergreen Heights Ceremony, held at the Education Centre on Highway 592 North, starts at 11am
- Emsdale Ceremony, held at the Women’s Institute on Joseph Street starting at 10:55am
- Burks Falls Ceremony, held at the Legion on Ontario Street starting at 10:00am
- Kearney Ceremony, held at the Legion on Park Street, starting at 10:30am