News No One Hurt in Fire at The Pines SHARE ON: Patrick Grapes, staff Tuesday Oct. 9th, 2018 Everyone is safe after a morning fire at The Pines in Bracebridge The District of Muskoka says residents in four home areas of the long-term care facility were evacuated to the lobby around 6:30am because of smoke. Emergency crews were on the scene quickly. It turns out a dishwasher was the source of the fire. The district says all residents are being cared for and monitored while things are cleaned up and will be allowed to return to their home areas once it’s determined it’s safe to do so. While no further help is needed, the District of Muskoka is asking everyone to keep from visiting The Pines until further notice.