No harm, no foul.

The principal of Bracebridge and Muskoka Lakes Secondary School has confirmed no students were given detentions or suspensions as a result of a planned walkout last week. They were protesting the reversion to the 1998 health and physical education curriculum for elementary school students.

Principal Kim Williams says the school was informed of the walkout that took place on Friday, September 21st, prior to the event. While the school did not sanction it “the student’s right to civic responsibility,” was honoured.

Williams says students did not have to sign out, but some parents called in to offer permission for their children. Bracebridge OPP was contacted by the school and acted as traffic control for the nearly three-kilometre march from the school to Parry Sound-Muskoka MPP Norm Miller’s Manitoba Street office.

Williams says once students “are off school property we are not responsible for what happens to them,” adding, from “what I heard they were very well behaved.”

Previous Post

 

Bracebridge and Muskoka Lakes Secondary School Students Walk Out to Protest Sex Ed Curriculum