South Muskoka Shield take first home win of the season
The South Muskoka Shield had a busy weekend of games. After a brief introduction at the Graeme Murray Arena and a ceremonial puck drop by Gold medalist Graeme Murray himself, the shield took their first home game of the season beating the Almaguin Spartans 9-2. Highlights of the game include the 7th goal, which was scored double shorthanded on a breakaway.
Here’s the rest of your local weekend hockey scores:
Friday, September 27th
- A.W. Shier Bantam AE’s played Sturgeon Lake in Bracebridge and lost 9-3.
- Progressive Waste Solution Major Midget’s played Highland Storm in Haliburton and won 4-2.
Saturday, September 28th
- Norstar Novice’s visited Huntsville and lost 4-3.
- Fowler Atom’s played Elmvale in Bracebridge and lost 6-4.
- Greavette Midget AE’s played Highland Storm in Bracebridge and won 6-5.
- Zarmac Atom Select’s visited Collingwood and lost 7-2, (but came back Sunday to tie).
Sunday, September 29th
- Progressive Waste Solution Major Midget’s played Midland in Bracebridge and won 5-0.
- Fowler Atom’s played Midland in Gravenhurst and lost 3-2.
- Zarmac Atom Select’s played Collingwood in Gravenhurst and tied 1-1 in a rematch.
- Hammond Transportation Peewee AE’s played Muskoka Rock in Bracebridge and lost 4-1.