Weather-related cancellations and closures in Muskoka
Your kids are getting an unexpected long weekend.
The Trillium Lakelands District School Board is cancelling all buses this morning due to bad driving conditions on the roads from the mix of snow and ice pellets overnight. This includes buses running to any Simcoe Muskoka Catholic District School Board schools in Muskoka.
Muskoka Christian School is also closed today. Lodestar Montessori School is open, but after-school programs are cancelled.
While the road conditions are bad, the freezing rain is expected to change over to rain later this morning. According to Environment Canada rain is expected all day and then changing to snow tonight.
All lanes on Highway 400 are currently closed in Barrie between Mapleview Drive and Innisfil Beach Road due to a collision.
OTHER CLOSURES CANCELLATIONS
- Facilities in Georgian Bay Township will be open later this morning at 10 due to unsafe road conditions
- Georgian College Muskoka campus closed for the day
- Perry Township Municipal Office and Transfer station closed today
- Macaulay Public School Tree House Day Nursery and School Age Programs cancelled today
- Parry Sound-Muskoka Green Party Monday meeting at Muskoka Natural Food Market cancelled, to be rescheduled for later this month
- The Alzheimer Society of Muskoka program Minds in Motion that was scheduled for Monday, April 16th at the Huntsville Royal Canadian Legion from 1:30 pm to 3:30 pm has been cancelled due to inclement weather.
- Muskoka Limberettes cancelling all classes for tonight
- District of Muskoka has postponed tonight’s council meeting to Tuesday, April 17th.