Read for 15 minutes and help celebrate Canada’s 150th anniversary. All of the Muskoka Public Library Boards are joining forces for a “Read For 15” challenge, which is happening on Family Literacy Day.
Anyone who reads for 15 minutes on January 27th can let the library know. For every 15 minutes recorded the library will post a red maple leaf on its walls, and the goal is for every library in the district to post 150 leaves.
There are a number of ways to report your reading on Literacy Day:
- In person – visit your library and let them know
- Telephone – call your library and share the news
- Visit your library website and complete the quick reporting form
- Send your library an email
- Visit library social media tools and post the hashtag #Readfor15Muskoka on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram
Family Literacy Day is a Canada-wide event to raise awareness on the importance of reading.