Burning candle sets fire to a bed in Huntsville
A burning candle is the cause of a $2,000 fire in Huntsville. The Fire Department was called to the scene early Saturday morning, after a candle set a bed on fire. Three people were in the home at the time, but none were badly injured.
Fire Chief Stephen Hernen says this fire was totally preventable, and is reminding everyone to do everything you can to prevent fires from starting.
The Huntsville Fire Department says to never use candles in bedrooms, near something that can easily burn, or with unsafe candle holders. It also recommends using battery operated candles instead of lit ones, and to never leave an open flame unattended.