Gravenhurst Fire Department: Look while you cook
A working smoke alarm is being credited with saving a home after a stove was left on. The Gravenhurst Fire Department was called to the scene last week by a neighbour, who heard the alarm in the apartment next door when nobody was home.
Fire Prevention Officer, Robert King, says a burner was left on, in the third case of its kind in Gravenhurst. He says to always pay attention while in the kitchen.
King also says you can stay safe by keeping all combustibles away from the stove, which is things like dish towels, paper towels, or anything that will burn.