The MAHST council has been selected and will hold an orientation meeting today
The North Simcoe Muskoka LHIN has officially appointed members of council to the Muskoka Area Health System Transformation project.
The District of Muskoka has announced ten community members have been strategically selected from the region.
This includes members of the district, Muskoka Algonquin Healthcare, local municipalities and other health-oriented organizations.
The new members of council will meet with MAHST executives in an orientation session today.
On December 1st council will meet during a full-day meeting to begin the process of planning what needs to come next.
Officials say working groups should be fully assembled and ready to begin with their various projects by January.
Here is a list of all the council members and their local affiliations:
- Rob Alexander, North Area Municipal
- Natalie Bubela, Acute Care MAHC
- Dr. Keith Cross, Physician
- Valerie Johnston, Mental Health and Addiction
- Sue Kelly, Community and Home Care
- John Klinck, Council Chair the District of Muskoka
- Colleen Nesbit, Public Health
- Lynn Sharer/Shelly van den Heuvel, Primary Care Treatment
- Graydon Smith, South Area Municipality Mayor of Bracebridge
- Rick Williams, Long Term Care and Social Services District of Muskoka Commissioner of Community Services