UPDATED: Lots of Remembrance Day ceremonies to be held in Muskoka
Remembrance Day is a week away and there are a few ceremonies next Friday and before in the Muskoka region.
Aside from the regular ceremonies at cenotaphs and legions in Huntsville, Bracebridge, Gravenhurst and Port Carling, legion members will be visiting a few other communities as well.
Below is a list of all ceremonies happening over the next week.
- Fairvern Nursing Home, ceremony at 11:00am
- Muskoka Landing Long Term Care, ceremony at 2:00pm
- Huntsville, ceremony at 11:00am, with an event to follow at the legion
- Bracebridge, ceremony at 11:00am at the cenotaph in Memorial Park, with a luncheon to follow at the legion
- Gravenhurst, members to meet at 10:00am at the legion, march down to the Gravenhurst Opera House and then back to the legion for 11:00am, followed by luncheon
- Port Carling, ceremony at 11:00am, followed by a luncheon
- Emsdale, ceremony to be held at the Community Centre at 11:00am, followed tea, coffee and snacks