The Muskoka Lakes Association has an easy way for cottagers in Muskoka to help donate to local food banks.
For the fourth year in a row, the MLA is collecting food donations at various marinas and other outlets around Muskoka.
General Manager of the association Lisa Noonan says it’s as easy as clearing out your cupboards before you close up for the winter.
Noonan says the intiative has been very successful in the past, with over 1,000 pounds of food collected last year.
Each year the association chooses a different beneficiary organization for the food donations and this year it’s the Gravenhurst Salvation Army.
The food drive runs until the Thanksgiving weekend.
Here is a list of all donations accepting food donations on behalf of the MLA:
- Oliver’s Coffee House (Bracebridge, Gravenhurst, Bala and Port Carling)
- Allport Marina
- Bala Cove Marina (matching donations up to $500)
- Campbell’s Landing
- Gordon Bay Marine
- Indianhead Harbour Marina
- The Boatworks of Port Carling
- Pride Marine Group
- Skeleton Lake Marina
- SWS Marine
- Terry Johnson’s Hamer Bay Marine
- Walkers Point Marina
- Windermere Marina
- Muskoka Lakes Marine
- Muskoka Lakes Golf and Country Club