â–º Listen Live
â–º Listen Live
HomeNewsSome important upcoming dates for high schools in Muskoka

Some important upcoming dates for high schools in Muskoka

We’ve arrived at that time of year again; it’s time to head back to school.

Next week school kicks off for kids across Muskoka, and that means this week its time to get the kids ready.

Here is a list of important dates for each school and we will update it as more dates become available from secondary schools in Muskoka.

BMLSS 

On Wednesday returning students and new students to grades 10 to 12 are invited to come into the school between 1:00pm and 7:00pm to pay student fees, purchase an advance copy of your yearbook at a reduced price and pick a locker.

- Advertisement -

On Thursday, all grade nine students are invited to attend the LINK orientation day from 8:30am until 12:30 with a barbecue following the orientation activities. Students will be introduced to senior BML students to guide them around their new school. Grade nines will also be able to pay student fees, purchase a yearbook and choose a locker.

All students are asked to bring a Dudley brand lock to use on their lockers.

Anyone new to the area and interested in having your kid attend the school is invited to come by Wednesday between 1:00pm and 6:00pm, or Thursday between 1:00pm and 4:00pm. There is no need to call ahead, but you are asked to bring a student transcript or academic status sheet from the previous school attended.

St. Dom’s

Grade nine orientation kicks off on Wednesday between 9:00am and 12:00pm.

New students will receive their class schedules, meet other new students and school staff and have an opportunity to check out their new school.

Parents can also come by to attend some school workshops between 11:00am and 12:00pm, and then 1:00pm and 2:00pm to familiarize themselves with the school. Parents will also get a chance to see the Chromebooks that students will be using.

DGN Kilters will be at the school from 12:00pm until 8:00pm selling new uniform pieces.

If you have any other questions you can call 705-646-8772 ext. 306 for more details.

Huntsville High School

Grade 9 Link Crew Orientation Day kicks off at 9:00am on September 1st. Students will be able to choose their locker and get their student timetables.

Gravenhurst High School

Grade nine orientation kicks off at 8:30am and runs until 1:00pm for new students on Wednesday. Lunch will be provided and students will have a chance to get orientated with the school, find a locker and get their timetables.

If you don’t have a lock they will be sold for $6.00 at the school.

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading