The Town of Bracebridge is celebrating all the major events that help bring tourism to the region.
For 2016 the town has handed out $30,000 in funding to various event organizers.
Last year, changes were made to the Event Tourism Grant Program to offer more incentive to sport tourism events.
Mayor Graydon Smith says these festivals and events are a major driver for tourism and other funding opportunities.
- Advertisement -
Officials estimate nearly 25,000 tourists are brought into Muskoka annually to take part in these events and festivals.
Here is a list of all the events funded under the grant this year:
- Bracebridge Men’s Fastball League Tournament
- Habitat for Humanity OGN Biking for Builds Fall Ride
- Bracebridge Fall Fair
- Griffin SESSION Muskoka
- Muskoka Authors Association NorthWords Literary Festival
- Muskoka Pride Festival
- Muskoka Cup Baseball Tournament
- Great Muskoka Paddling Experience
- PRISM Theatre in the Park Presents Romeo and Juliet