Listen Live
Listen Live
HomeNewsGravenhurst residents saved from Carbon Monoxide leak thanks to working alarm

Gravenhurst residents saved from Carbon Monoxide leak thanks to working alarm

It could have been a very different start to the day for residents of a home in Gravenhurst.

Just before 8:00am the three occupants were alerted to a carbon monoxide leak in their home, thanks to the detector.

Gravenhurst Volunteer Fire was called and the three left the home.

Officials found carbon monoxide levels were especially dangerous at 80 parts per million.

- Advertisement -

After investigating the cause of the leak with some assistance from Union Gas, fire officials found the furnace to be the source.

Fire Prevention Officer Rob King says this is one of the many reasons Carbon Monoxide detectors are required in homes.

He adds it is an odourless gas that can lead to asphyxiation and then death.

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading