Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Sends Three People to Hospital
Lake of Bays Fire Department received a call at 9pm last night with reports to a Carbon Monoxide alarm sounding at a cottage.
Crews arrived to Seabreeze Rd in Dwight to find extremely high levels of monoxide entering the cottage. Three people in the home were showing early signs of poisoning, and were delivered by ambulance to the hospital for treatment.
Fire Chief Steve Hernan says the high levels were caused by a contractor working on the outside of the cottage, and unintentionally blocked the hot water propane tank and the venting system for the furnace.