Family Thankful To Be Alive
One family can thank their carbon monoxide alarm for saving their lives.
Late last night, Huntsville Fire crews were called to a home. When entering they noticed that the carbon monoxide reading higher than normal, and was high enough to cause serious sickness and possible death.
It was determined that the ventilation system for the natural gas in fact failed.
Huntsville fire chief, Steve Hernan expresses that as of April 15th 2015- there must be a carbon monoxide alarm installed to all sleeping areas if your home has fuel burning appliances, a fireplace or an attached garage.