Gravenhurst Fire Department urging residents to watch what they heat
If you plan on cooking, stay in the kitchen. That’s the main message the Gravenhurst Fire Department wants you to remember after dealing with a kitchen fire. It happened on Monday morning when crews were called to a house on Muskoka Beach Road. It turns out a resident had left a frying pan on the stove unattended. There was no damage to the house other than the frying pan and smoke. Firefighters were able to help the residents get rid of the smoke.
Fire prevention Officer Rob King says there have been several close calls this year involving unattended cooking. He says residents need to watch what they heat. Unattended cooking remains the leading cause of accidental fires in Ontario.