Two fires reported in Huntsville
It’s a reminder to have a working smoke alarm and now, by law, a carbon monoxide (CO) alarm in your home.
The Huntsville/Lake of Bays Fire Department had to put out two fires on Tuesday, April 14.
One was caused by a badly installed chimney pipe. The fire had started in the chimney before spreading to the outside deck and caused minor smoke damage.
Meanwhile, the other fire was caused by a gas drier. The people in the home were warned by a smoke alarm. No one was hurt in either case.