A mother and her three children are safe after a kitchen fire
The Huntsville/Lake of Bays Fire Department says working smoke alarms saved a local family. Crews were called to an apartment on Brunel Road, at around 11:30 p.m. on Mar. 17, to deal with a kitchen fire. A mother and her three kids were sleeping when the fire started, but woke up to the smoke alarm. The kitchen has been completely destroyed and there is heavy smoke damage to the rest of the apartment. The damage is estimated at around $75,000. One firefighter was sent to hospital after a slip on the ice.
(Photo Submitted By: Huntsville/Lake of Bays Fire Department)