Fire causes $450,000 in damages at a Muskoka Lakes cottage
A hard to control fire has destroyed a cottage in Muskoka Lakes. At 10:41pm yesterday the Muskoka Lakes Fire Department was called to a cottage fire at 1041 Carlo Enterprise Road. Firefighters from Station 7 (Windermere/Raymond), Station 9 (Milford Bay), and Station 6 (Port Carling) attended and put it out. Due to the configuration of the cottage roof, the deep snow, and the cold, this fire was difficult to extinguish. The cottage was 1900 square feet in size – the loss is estimated at $450,000. Nobody was there at the time. The fire appears to have been caused by electrical issues.