Local fire department discusses the new carbon monoxide law
Carbon Monoxide Awareness Week is wrapping up and the Huntsville/Lake of Bays Fire Department wants you to know that alarms are now mandatory. Fire Prevention Officer Mike Vadlja says this law came into effect on October 15th.
Carbon monoxide is known as the silent killer because you can’t smell, see or taste it. Vadlja says says carbon monoxide poisoning can happen many ways in your home.
The Ontario government passed a law on October 15th making it mandatory to have a CO alarm near all sleeping areas of your home. However, Vadlja suggests the ideal place is to put it on every level of your home, not just near your bedrooms.