Ontario awards Muskoka almost $900-thousand for upcoming festivals
It’s a sign that festival season is on the horizon. The recipients of this year’s Celebrate Ontario grant have been revealed and Muskoka got its share. Close to $900-thousand has been awarded to 12 events, half of which are in Huntsville. The biggest chunk went to a brand new festival coming in September, Muskoka Sound Music Festival. Celebrate Ontario is a provincial grant that allows communities to develop new and existing festivals.
- Huntsville Festival/Nuit Blanche North – $63,750
- Huntsville Half Marathon: Band on the Run – $62,560
- Lifestyle Getaway: Hammer It. Taste It. Dig It! – $51,000
- Muskoka Sound Music Festival – $300,000
- Huntsville Girlfriends’ Getaway Weekend – $93,500
- Huntsville’s Winter Comedy Carnival – $63,750
- Muskoka Chautauqua Revival – $75,000
- Bala Cranberry Festival 30th Anniversary – $31,875
- Antique and Classic Boat Show – $23,013
- Dockside Festival of the Arts – $8,925
- The 21st Annual Gravenhurst Car Show – $9,350
Art in the Heart – $13,642
Destination Rosseau – $75,000
To see the full list of this year’s recipients go to the Grant Ontario website.